Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Quinn has a fever

Quinn came home from school today not feeling very well. He said he had a headache and his day at school was "just OK". I didn't think too much of it. Both of our kids will get headaches from time to time. They take after me. He went outside to play and came back in and laid on the couch and then asked for a thermometer. He had a 102 temp! Soooo, that throws a huge wrench into working tomorrow because he obviously can't go to school. I guess he is going to have to go in with me for a few hours because neither of us can take off without causing major problems for our employers. All of my patients would have to be rescheduled and that makes me feel horrible. We'll see how it goes. He's planning on bringing DVDs, books and his airplanes to keep himself busy. Once he had Tylenol on board he acted very normal.

Otherwise, life is cruising along in the fast lane as usual. I'm trying to get ready to be gone for a week! Yes, me! The soccer mom is officially going on vacation! I'm going to Hancock, MA with my mom and my Aunt Fern. A couple years ago the 3 of us went to Myrtle Beach together and had a great time. I'm amazed at how much coordintation it is taking before a mom can just up and leave the family's routine for a week. Sunday night I spent 2 hours trying to figure out after-school stuff and transportation to/from events. I guess we accidently picked a bad week because the first week of the month is Tony's super busy week when we pretty much don't see him. I still have some coordination to do but most of it is done.

Well, I have tons to do yet so I need to close.
Say a prayer for Quinn tonight please... and that this clears up fast. I'm pretty certain it's viral respiratory stuff. Hmmmm, wonder where he got it? (Yes I did a home strep test that was negative, his ears are good and not too bad of a throat...but has swollen lymph nodes in his neck and a dry cough). I will have a mighty hard time leaving sick kids on Friday morning.

Love, Leah

2 comments:

Amy said...

I will pray that Quinn gets better and that Madison doesn't get sick while you are gone!

Oh yeah, I want a t-shirt from your trip that says something like this..."My family went to Boston and didn't invite me!" :)

Addi said...

It was great having Quinn at work today! Honestly, I don't see how you can always have a straight face when talking to him!! He's sooo funny! :) Have a great trip...I'll miss ya!