Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our 17th wedding anniversary! I say that number and think I must be talking about someone else. Surely it was just a few years ago... But when I think of the changes in our lives; jobs, cars, kids, vacations, looks... yep, I guess it's been 17 years. I thought I would jot down 17 reasons why I love my husband. Actually this was pretty darn easy. These are in no particular order.

The reasons I love Tony...

1. He makes the bed in the morning.

2. His dirty clothes make it into the clothes hamper AND he never turns his socks inside out when taking them off.

3. He will do a household chore without asking if he sees that it needs to be done (vacuum, laundry, dishes...dusting is not included!)

4. We both love the state of Iowa and the sports too.

5. He likes to surprise me ... a trip to Jamaica, an overnight dinner train trip...

6. He fixes things quickly when things break at home.

7. He is a great dad and likes to tease all the kid's friends.

8. He has been the kid's soccer/basketball/softball/baseball coach and does a really good job with realistic expectations.

9. He kisses me good-bye every morning and tells me he loves me.

10. He doesn't ask how much money I've spent after I go shopping.

11. He tells me I look nice.

12. He loves the Lord.

13. We share long-term goals.

14. He works way too many hours at his job without complaining so I don't have to work as many at mine.

15. He can glance at any map and easily get us to where we need to go.

16. He brings me flowers without needing a reason.

17. He knows me so well he can practically read my thoughts. (not all of them...ha!)


Happy Anniversary Tony! I love you!

Now on other notes... we are going to go out to eat and celebrate a different time. This cold has really gotten me down so I didn't feel like doing much. Quinn's CYS team won this morning 2-0, their 2nd win. His Flames team tied this afternoon 2-2 and he scored one goal. Madison had practice but no games. Iowa stunk the first half of their football game and lost to ISU 15-13 with a field goal with 5 seconds left. They should know by now that ISU considers this their BIG game of the year, even though the U of I doesn't. They are always really "up" for this game when we aren't : )

That's all folks.
Love ya, Leah

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy 17th Anniversary to you and Tony and many more.....

The 17 reasons makes him sound like the PERFECT husband. Makes me wonder where I went wrong, he he.

Love,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Wait, you're talking about my cousin Tony, right? Haha, he just knows how to show love for his little cousin in a much different way!


allison