Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Concord 9, Mishawaka 6


Double click for a close up view.

Madison's first all-star game was in Mishawaka tonight. We won... but it was an ugly game. I hate that! The umpire was terrible, didn't know basic rules... like the catcher caught a foul ball after bouncing off the backstop and he called the batter out. Thankfully that was one call he ended up reversing. Anyway, you get the idea. Why other leagues don't pay for professional umpires for these games, I don't know. I actually started feeling bad for this guy. I bet Quinn could have called a better game... and I'm totally serious.

Madison played about half the game. She batted twice and walked both times. She played at 2nd base. The last inning actually got rained out. Thank goodness, it could have ended much earlier for me! Actually it was a very close game until the 5th inning when we pulled ahead. We started that inning down, 3-5.

A special thanks to Addi for sharing the Picasa web site for me. That's how I made this "picture pile."

That's the ESPN news report for tonight. Stayed tuned for tomorrow night. We play in Edwardsburg, MI... against the Edwardsburg Eddies. : )


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Addi said...

1/2 the game!! Wow...she's awesome! :)

Love the pictures...they turned out great!