Friday, July 20, 2007

Championship Cake

Wow! Imagine our surprise as Madison and I walked up to see her cake tonight at the fair! She got the championship ribbon!! Neither one of us could believe it! She was initially so disappointed in her cake that I almost told her to forget it... she didn't have to take it! I'm so glad I didn't. There were 33 cakes in her beginner level. One of the cakes is going to the state fair and then her cake won the next highest honor out of all those cakes. How cool is that??? I guess our cake decorating class paid off. She is thrilled!

Madison and I had a great time at the fair tonight. The weather was absolutely perfect. We were there almost 6 hours! We went and worked in the Dairy Barn (selling ice cream) for the the Dairy Club for 2 hours. We also decorated Crisp's stall with Karla and Katie. The calves come to the fair on Sunday afternoon. The showing is Tuesday morning at 9am. Madison is so excited about it. We went to see the empty stall 3 different times tonight! ...Just to look at the sawdust and the decorating. She absolutely can't wait. She said that "after humans, animals are the absolutely the best thing that God created on earth."

Tony and Quinn went to the father-son basketball camp at Goshen College for the weekend. I dropped Quinn off at Rollpak on the way to the fair this afternoon. We won't see them again until Sunday evening. Quinn was pretty excited about getting to do something like this with just Tony. Madison and I said our goodbyes... tried to appear a little sad and then when we rounded the corner we said our YAHOO's!... Just us GIRLS for the whole weekend! He-he!! We are living it up. We are getting ready to play Scene It now and we are having a slumber party in my room tonight.

OK... we must get the game started, before I become a party pooper!

Love, Leah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SAW THAT CAKE! You did great Madison. I figured That I would let you know that my new rap music video is uploaded and ready to watch. you can see it at my blog... jeremiahedwin.blogspot.com . I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I think that we may start working on a rock music video now, but who knows. Love you guys.