
Double click for a better view.
I have to tell you the story behind the picture at the 3 o'clock position. This was taken in the showmanship competition. The judge asked the 4H'er the same question. He asked the kids "If you could change something about your animal, what would you change?" I think he was looking for something like... fuller in the ribs (?), straight legs (like I even know?). Anyway, Madison is walking away from the judge in this picture. The kids didn't know what the question was going to be. I asked Madison what she said. She said, "I didn't know what to say... so I said I wish she had a longer tail." Isn't that the cutest? I laughed so hard! The judge told the audience at the end that he asked that question and then said that he got some very interesting answers and some didn't answer at all. I told Madison that it was better than not saying anything at all. (And the judge had something to laugh about on the way home!).
Yes, Madison was so tired by the end of the day that she laid her head down on that picnic table after supper and fell asleep for about 10 minutes!
1 comment:
I love your photos from the Fair, especially those two little girls and their calves. Wish we could be there.
Alton and Geneva
Post a Comment