Our calendar was so full today, I actually had to write the schedule out on a clean sheet of paper to figure out the flow of the day and how we were going to accomplish all of this running around. Here's the schedule of the day...
7am Quinn's baseball pictures
7:30 breakfast at Beppe & Pakka's
8:30 Quinn's baseball game
10-12:30 I work in concession stand
1200 Madison's softball pictures
1:30-3:00 Madison's softball game
4-6 Tony to work
4:00-5:30 Madison to soccer practice
4:30-6:30 Quinn to rollerskating birthday party
6-7 Tony picks up Quinn and Nate
6:15 Madison to movies
7-midnight?? Tony back to work
8:00 Pick up Madison from movies
Needless to say it is only shortly after 10pm and it feels more like mid-night! Whew! I'm thankful most Saturdays aren't like this!
Madison did end of going to the movie with Jazmin tonight. Her mom called this afternoon and invited her to the specific movie at such and such place, time, etc...
When I got there, her mom looked at Madison and I and asked, "What movie are you two going to?" .......
I smiled sweetly and said, "oh, well would you mind if she stayed and went with you?"
And she said, "Oh, well, I'm not going to the movie that the girls are going to, I'm going to a different movie (Wild Hogs) with my sons."
Let me just make the story shortened to say that Madison went to her movie with Jazmin and another friend, Paige (who waited at home for 2 hours last night for them to pick her up...see last night's post). They went to their movie alone with the mom next door at a different show. Well, THAT was a first! One I didn't necessarily feel the most comfortable with but decided it would be OK as long as I was there to pick her up before she was out of her movie. I went home and promptly called my mom for the "Grandmother Seal of Approval" stamp for making the best of this situation. Madison said she had a great time... yah, I'm sure she did after I heard her talk about changing seats because the person behind them was coughing, trips to the bathroom, trips for popcorn refills, pop refills, laughing loudly... oh well. Other patrons were probably wondering who in the world would ever let their 10 year old kids go to a movie by themselves?! (sigh)
Quinn had a great time with Nate at the rollerskating party and "only fell down 10 times". He has some new bruises to prove it to. Looks like the poor kid has been beat!
No comments:
Post a Comment