Monday, May 21, 2007

Birthday Boys

Happy Birthday Tony & Quinn!

Today was Tony and Quinn's birthdays. It was a really busy day. I surprised Tony by running some chocolate donuts over to him at work this morning. I had a patient cancel so that made it easy.

Quinn requested Dirt and Worms for his school party today (chocolate pudding, cookie crumbs and gummy worms) so yesterday I made 24 of these cups and then got off work a little early today so I could have them there by 3pm for his party. He was happy with them.

After school Madison, Quinn, Katie and I headed out to the farm so they could love on their calves... and water them and give them hay and feed. Katie left a message on our answering machine last Friday (when Madison was in Indy) that she had good news to share... "Crisp has taken one step towards becoming an adult... she has just started chewing her cud!"... I laughed so hard and we had to keep her sweet little message on our machine for a few days. We could only stay 45 minutes which was way to short for the kids but we are on a schedule here... Madison had to get ready for her game.

This evening Madison had a softball game (Tony is coaching). Her team won but it was a slow moving game and lasted about 2 1/2 hours! We had planned to go to the Olive Garden for supper for their birthdays so we decided to go anyway. Beppe, Pakka and Nate went with us. Of course, wouldn't you know it, the meal preparation was sloooow and so it was 11pm before we got home... on a Monday!! I felt so bad about keeping Nate out that late! Do you think I tried to fit too many things into one day?

Quinn is 8 today and that's quite monumental for the fact that he no longer has to use a booster seat! He was happy to unload that in the garage. I have a feeling he'll miss it on long trips though. It is nice to help him see outside. We are having a birthday party for him this weekend. He was thrilled to get a new pair of crocks since he is finally able to consistently tie his shoes!!... he can do amazing other things but tying his shoes consistently has stumped him for a few years! He also got some Playstation games which we got at the used game store in Indy. Thankfully he doesn't care if they are new or used... and it drops the price from about $50 per game to $5-10 per game. Beppe made him an Iowa Hawkeye quilt and Pakka gave him Wings of Texaco #9 of his collectible Texaco airplane banks.

Tony is 39 and as he said this morning, he's "one step closer to death"... can you believe that?! He never wants anything... he is the #1 hard person to buy for! We ended up getting him a pair of crocks, which I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with because he generally doesn't like getting clothing as a gift. Madison picked out a remote controlled boat for Quinn and Tony to share so he got that. Quinn gave him a Toby Mac CD... I told him it was the Toby Mac that sings on WFRN and I was sure Dad would like it. He said, "But Mom, he listens to Pulse FM"... he was relieved to know that Toby Mac also sings on Pulse.

I'll post a few pictures for you..

8 years old... eating his favorite breakfast of cheesy scrambled eggs on our Celebration plate.



Quinn likes his new quilt!

No comments: