Madison turned the corner around lunch time today. I was getting quite concerned about dehydration this morning... wow, does that ever give you the acetone smelling breath! I finally got her to light up a little when I suggested a Slurpee from 7-11. It was worth the trip... the calories were very helpful and she finally started to turn the corner. She kept it down along with one cracker for breakfast, 1 piece of toast for lunch and 1/2 cup of rice tonight. She acts so much better, even laughed! She lost 5 pounds over the last few days. She wants to go to school tomorrow so I hope she'll make it for the day. That breath though... whew, that needs to improve A LOT! She's sick of me telling her to drink! She plowed through 2 days worth of homework tonight and feels ready to go so that's great news!
Today was an absolutely beautiful day at 70 degrees! We sat out on the deck for a while and Madison laid on the deck under a blanket for at least 2 hours watching me do some clean up in the garage, deck and storage shed. She felt up to playing some Yahtzee today so that helped make the day go faster too. We even treated ourselves to manicures tonight while Quinn entertained the neighborhood kids again outside. He was so upset that Madison "got to" stay home today and he had to go to school. He seriously told me that he wished he would be sick so he could stay home too. I think his sick days have been entirely too much fun. I need to make them miserable in the future I guess. I made him some chocolate chip cookies today and had them piping hot out of the oven when he got home from school to ease his "wounds" of missing our day. "You made these just for me?... you really did?...awesome!"
Well, that was our day... Tony just got home so I'll go and visit with him.
Love to all, Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment