Happy Easter! The Lord is risen! The Lord is risen indeed!
We had a strange start to our Easter morning. Our electricity went out around 3am today and was off for 6 hours. We don't know why... ?? So, because we sleep with a fan, we woke up frequently after that, not used to the silence. We went to church and then to Beppe and Pakka's for lunch. She can be gone for a whole week too (to Kansas) and get back at 10pm last night and still throw together a big Easter meal. It's a gift... and we're so happy we benefit from it! We came home this afternoon and just tried to relax and recuperate from last week. Nate's family got home from Florida this evening around 6 and I think he arrived here around 6:15. He and Quinn were so glad to see each other!
There have been 3 special birthdays within the last week or so. Today is Karla's birthday... a big Happy Birthday to you Karla!! My mom and dad both had birthdays too; Mom's was March 29 and Dad's was April 6. Mom had a "milestone" birthday but if you want to know exactly which one, you'll have to ask her (or me in person!). Happy birthday to both of you too!
Tony has a very BIG week this week at work. I'll post more details tomorrow night. If you can just remember him in prayer that would be great. All of the past 4 month's of extreme busyness should get some better after this week. He's already said not to expect to see much of him this week. He's not even going to the practices that he coaches (softball)! So, more details coming but if you could pray for endurance and relief of headaches/neck pain we would appreciate the prayer coverage.
I uploaded some vacation pictures from Smoky Mountains, Day 1 through Day 5. My dear sister-in-law, Michelle, accidentally "stole" some of my pictures from my camera's SD card when she was attempting to copy/paste and instead "moved" them to her laptop. I'll have to get those back from her and then update the rest with pictures.
That's all tonight. I hope you each have a good week. I'm going to be quoting over and over... "just be glad you had a vacation, not sad that it's over"...all day long tomorrow I think. Usually there is a price to be paid at work when you return. Romans 8:31 says that God is on my side though... so who in the world can be against me?
Love to all, Leah
2 comments:
Hi Aunt Leah It's Amanda We are having a fun time in Arizona with Grandma Jo Well I hope you have a good rest of the day. By the way give this bible verse to Uncle Tony for me it might help him when he is feeling stressed out
Isaiah 41:10
Thank you so much Amanda for the reminder of the verse you sent. You are being used by God today for us. it's about 10:30 and Uncle Tony isn't home from work yet. He left long before I even got up this morning. I forwarded your message to him at his work email address. I'm sure he appreciated it. Say hi to your family!
I love you, Aunt Leah
Post a Comment