Saturday, April 07, 2007

Smoky Mountains, Day 8

Hello everyone,

We are back home safe and sound. It took us about 8 hours from Archie & Michelle's house and we got home at 8:30 tonight. We've already got the 2nd load of clothes in the washer, all of the suitcases are unpacked and I've made my vegetable dish for Easter dinner tomorrow at Beppe & Pakka's. We had a great time on our trip... but it sure is ca-ca-ca-cold up here!!!... low 30's. Thank you Karla for turning our heat on for us... the house was nice and warm.

Here's a "Quinn's Quip" for you. Tonight, about 7 1/2 hours into the trip, the kids were just bickering back and forth about dumb stuff... "his leg is on my side... she keeps touching my pillow..."...yada-yada-yada. So, I told Quinn that he should imagine that there is an invisible wall right down the middle of the van, blocking the view of Madison from him. He says,
"But Mom... if it's invisible, I can still see right through it!"
Ahhhhhh!!... "OK, so think of it as a huge curtain down the middle of the van, that you can't see through!" Tony didn't help the situation either, "well Mama, you know he's really right..." Another Ahhhhhh!!...we've been in the van for tooooo long today!!

OK, I must put my weary body to bed!

Love to all, Leah

No comments: