Sunday, April 01, 2007

Smoky Mountains, Day 2



Today we drove to Gatlinburg and went to Ripley's Aquarium. It was really pretty neat. I love seeing all of the variety of fish and am always surprised at God's imagination. Wow! We saw 4-eyed fish, flashlight fish, pot-bellied sea horses, all kinds of tropical fish, sharks and we got to touch sting rays (yuck). We took our lunch and 3 out of the 4 of us ate lunch in the van before we went in. It took about 3 1/2 hours to get through the whole thing. It rained this morning so this was a good indoor activity.

This afternoon we went putt-putt golfing at Hillbilly Putt-Putt. Madison wanted to know if we had to golf like Hillbillies (sp?) in order to play. We rode a tram 300 feet up the side of a mountain and then while playing 18 holes of golf we walked about 1/2 of the way down and took the tram the rest of the way. That was really pretty cool and the rain had stopped, the weather was perfect.

We drove around for awhile, planning our strategies for the next few days. Tony is a true tourist at heart. He wants to cram in as much as physically possible in a day's time while on vacation. The kids and I prefer it to be a little more laid back than that. He was good sport today and didn't drag us around too much. : ) (I can tell he wanted to though!).

We made supper in the condo tonight and now the kids are swimming. Tony and I are their life guards I guess... on dry land. May be swimming will tire these energizer bunnies out.

I made it though the day on coffee (for breakfast), white grape juice, water and diet pepsi. Real nutritious huh? I'm a little light headed tonight but my side feels much better! I can only feel it ache when I bend over (like 18 times at the mini-golf place). It was kind of hard to make a supper meal and not eat 1 speck of it. May be I'll ease back into it tomorrow. On that note, I need to stop thinking about food. I'll let you all go.

Love to all, Leah

No comments: