Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Trivia from Indiana history

Hello to All,
Hope this finds you all well. We are doing fine without much to report.

Tony's Silverwood team ended up winning the Goshen Softball League championship, Goshen District League Championship and the Goshen tournament Championship so each player got 3 different T-shirts and the team got a huge trophy. Anyway, that was a few weeks ago but he was going through and dividing up all of the t-shirts tonight. Just what he (doesn't) needs is more t-shirts!!! He's pretty happy though!

So far work has gone well for me this week. I've gotten through 2 consecutive days without any lame lost medication excuse. We'll see if I can go for a record. My evening was filled with helping the kids with their homework, making supper and playing indoor baseball with Quinn. Quinn had math, spelling, reading and studying for his money/time test tomorrow. Madison had math, Indiana history and reading. She has spelling too but we didn't get that far. The Indiana history is really quite interesting for me since I've never had that myself!

Madison was supposed to have soccer practice tonight and we were very surprised when her CYS (Concord Youth Soccer) coach called it off because of rain. That doesn't usually stop them... and of course by practice time it stop raining! Anyway, it was a nice night off!! I actually made a nice supper and we all sat at the table at the same time to eat!!!! Unfortunately that doesn't happen much if it's M-Th! Madison ran a mile on the treadmill tonight since she didn't do any running today for soccer. It doesn't take too long to figure out that you really need to be a long-distance runner and sprinter to keep going in soccer games!

Speaking of Indiana history... here is some trivia for you...

Did you know that South Bend had one of the first 4 teams involved in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League? The teams were the South Bend Blue Sox, Racine (WI) Belles, Kenosha (WI) Comets, and Rockford (IL) Peaches. You probably recognize the Rockford Peaches team from Tom Hank's movie, A League of Their Own. Madison and I are reading this book right now. I didn't know that Mr. Wrigley (as in Wrigley Field) started the league either!
Monty, (our history buff) I'm sure that's "old" news for you! : )
http://www.aagpbl.org/index.cfm

Jeremiah, tell Jacob that Madison has his Indiana History book that he used when he was in 4th grade. She thought that was pretty neat! Are you a lurker to this blog Jacob?

Thanks for reading!
Love to All, Leah

No comments: