Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A perfect Fall day

Hello Everyone,
Today was a gorgeous Fall day... about 70 degrees. It doesn't get any better than this.
The kids did fine this morning (after getting to bed late) and of course Quinn was the first one up in our family as usual. Madison admitted she was tired today though.

Tonight Madison went out with Terry, Karla, Katie and Nathan for Katie's 9th birthday. Happy Birthday Katie! They went to Hacienda. Katie is having a birthday party with a couple of friends this weekend but we will be gone to Iowa so she got to go to their family party tonight, on her birthday. Somehow Tony, Quinn and I got some tasty homemade cupcakes out of the deal too!

Tomorrow I have to lead a chart review for the Center for Cancer Care at the hospital. Basically this isn't a fun thing to do and I bribed people with promises of food if they would come and participate! We are looking for pain assessment, reassessment, appropriateness of pain meds ordered, whether or not they've followed policies etc... Any volunteers??? Anyway, I would really just like to get it over with. Then, I can focus on the chart review for the whole hospital (yuck). I'm a bit more proactive this year. Last year I think I waited until Nov. or Dec. and then it really was CRUNCH time!

Well, that's all folks... have a great Wednesday!

Love to all, Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad Madison could help us celebrate Katie's birthday. Katie (and the rest of us) consider her a very special friend. And thanks for the wonderful gifts for Katie - bath products and books are Katie's idea of ultimate relaxation, which she will tell you she needs these days. We also had fun hanging out with all of the Millers tonight - something we're not able to do as much as we like to!

(Incidentally, I am NOT publishing this comment at 6am like it says. I don't want to give the impression that I'm a morning person. It's 8:40 and I'm off to clean the house - yippee!)