Hello to All,
The most exciting news from today is that Archie (Tony's brother-in-law) is arriving home tonight from Iraq!!! YEAH!!! I'm sure he can't wait to see his little girl, Jade (14 mo.) and Michelle is probably on that priority list somewhere.
May be a couple of you are wondering how Silverwood ended up in the tournament. They played 2 games on Monday (yesterday) and were home by 1:30. There were 38 teams involved so they don't actually know their "place" yet. They played a total of 6 games. Tony described himself as "old and decrepit" when he got home. : ) Madison had such a good time on her scooter at park and I heard her ask "will you still be playing softball when I can drive?" That made us think that that is only about 6 years away. SCARY! (Tony didn't give her a good answer about the "still playing" bit). I told her she better start saving for a car. She tells us she has her sights set on a hummer or a corvette convertible so she better get real creative at making money in the next few years!!!!
Labor Day was another beautiful day. Mom reports rain in Iowa so we knew that was on the way (foreshadowing for the next paragraph). Madison and I went the park with Lisa, Karla, Angie and Eliza along with their kids for a picnic lunch. That was nice. Quinn decided to stay and play at Nate's house. He described himself as a "home-boy" this weekend... he just likes to stay home. Hmmmm, wonder who he takes after?
Quinn had a soccer game tonight and Madison had practice. We only got a few minutes into the 2nd quarter and someone spotted a glint of lightning off in the distance so the game was called. We waited for 30 minutes but there must have been a few more sparkles (I never did see any) and so the whole evening was called. Quinn was playing his best friend Nate's team. He gets so nervous to play him. I don't know why. They are both good players and play against each other very well. Anyway... our team (Rollpak; which Tony coaches) was ahead 1-0 and they don't make up "rain-outs" so I guess we won. It is finally raining now, after we got home, so Mom's weather forecast for what's coming up 24 hours later stands to be pretty accurate.
Work today was the typical day after a 3-day weekend. Unfortunately there is a price to pay for time off. The phone rang off the hook and of course I've already gotten the weekly call for "missing" medicine... "someone stole my methadone right out of my medicine cabinet so I need a refill". Boy, I've heard much better reasons than that. Sometimes I think patients think we run a Pez dispenser for pain meds. Anyway, in case you are wondering, no, he doesn't get a refill until he is "due" at the end of the month but he does get a surprise urine test the next time he comes in to see if he is taking meds or selling them. (He should test negative if he truely isn't taking them).
Well, Angie requested me to post a picture of our boat, which we named "The Hawkeye"... so, Ang, we think we are going to try and take "her" out this weekend so I'll try and get a picture in action. I guess Tony and his dad discovered that one of the spark plugs wasn't working so we're hoping to get over 11mph this time. Don put the new propeller on too. Luckily we found a spare in the boat. (Do boats usually carry spare propellers like cars carry spare tires????).
We need to look for a flag that we can sail off the back. Mom and Amy, keep your eyes open. It needs to have 2 metal "holes" (what are those called?!) on the 2 corners so we can clip it on... about an 11x14 sized flag.
I guess that's all for now. The kids are supposed to be getting ready for bed but I've heard an awful lot of laughing and loud music so I better go check it out.
Love to all, Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment