Saturday, February 16, 2008

Upward BB 39-28


(Sorry, Blogger isn't in the mood for paragraphs tonight I guess!)
*************
Today was the first Saturday in months that Quinn didn't have basketball at 8am... which meant that Mom didn't need to be up early to take him either! Ahhh, finally, a day to sleep in. Nice idea huh? Didn't happen. I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep! Don't you just hate that??
*************
Quinn had his Upward BB game today at 10am. He played really well and scored 17 points! Of course I didn't video this game, but I should have!! I told him afterwards that he did such a good job today. He said, "It was all because of my bladder!"... Apparently he had to go to the bathroom so bad that it gave him some extra zip, or speed, or special powers or something. Ha! Also what was funny is that we are the "Sooners" and we played the "Hawkeyes." On the way there he said, "I'm feeling sorry for Adam Huluska today because they're going down!" (Adam was from last season but who is paying that close attention from 2 states away right?).
*************
Madison wrote a book for the Young Author's Conference that was held this morning. It is called "Cocoa for Christmas" but unfortunately she just hasn't been feeling well and so we didn't get to go. She had a cold, sore throat, headache, and low grade fever earlier in the week. Towards the end of this week, she was feeling much better. Last night her eyes were red and weepy and it sure looked like she was getting pink eye. They looked much better this morning but she just wasn't quite over everything so she stayed home. She was disappointed because "I worked really hard to finish my book this week." I told her we would ask a bunch of friends to read it, to help her feel better about missing out on the conference. She had been looking forward to going for some time now but that's how it goes sometimes doesn't it? Yesterday she was putting the finishing touches on her book and she said, "I really like to be busy." I said, "Well, I'm glad, because you sure are!"
*****************
We are supposed to get rain and then ice tonight followed by 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow night. I love the winter but it is starting to get a little on the long side, even for me. Take care everyone... and stay warm.

No comments: