Friday, February 08, 2008

3rd Grade Presidential Race, Part 1

In the spirit of our nation's important election this year, Quinn's 3rd grade class had their own presidential race. Each student ran for president. They had to write a speech and present it to their classmates. They had to include information about themselves and their campaign promises. They also made posters. Quinn says, "Vote for Quinn. We all Win!" He gave a token to help the class remember his campaign promises... Hershey candybars wrapped with his 'Vote for Quinn' and his campaign promises. He also handed out fliers. Today was his big speech. He wanted to dress up for the occasion. Doesn't he look sharp in his tie? He wasn't sure how he was going to manage his PE class (volleyball) in that outfit. I wasn't either. Hope it went well! I've been thinking about him all day today. He told me he wasn't expecting to win but his personal goal was to get a good grade on the project. I think that was realistic thinking. He's a realist... like me!
I'll let you know how it went.

4 comments:

Addi said...

How ADORABLE!!!! I love it!!!

Addi said...

I will vote for him someday in a REAL presidential election if you bring in some of that chocolate (for the diabetic). ;)I think my BS is low! he he he

Anonymous said...

Man !!! Those are BIG candy bars. I was thinking the minature size I guess . I would have voted for him in a second , even if I wasn't his granny !
You look Awesome Quinn. Way to GO.

Amy said...

I demand a RECOUNT!!!
Aunt Amy