Sunday, August 01, 2010

Staycation Over

We had lunch with Don and Isy today. We ate out at Buffalo Wild Wings after church. Isy continues to improve each day. She was walking with a cane today but doesn't use it inside her home. Still whispering and looked tired. I think our lunch did her in for a few hours. We showed her the pictures we took of her in the hospital. I was right, she laughed at them. : )

It's hard to believe my week off this summer has gone by so quickly. I'm sad to see it end. I had such a great week. We got to do so many fun things as a family. Madison and I had an especially fun week. I'm so glad she still likes to spend time with her mom. : ) Several times I offered for her to invite a friend over but she was just happy and content to do things with me (us). I'll take this time with her while I can get it because it may not always be this way. I've been thinking of the "life skills" that I want her to know before she grows up and leaves our home and this week we got to work on a few, such as our kitchen fun and some sewing on our baby blankets. I really, really, really wish I could spend more time at home like this. May be I (we) appreciate our time together even more because it doesn't happen as often. ??? I don't know. I just know that I certainly don't take a week like this for granted when others might not blink an eye because it's actually their "normal." It makes me wonder what my "normal" things are, what do I take for granted, that others wouldn't. Something for me to ponder as I go back to work. This week was a gift to myself. A gift earned by hard work during the day away from home, taking care of what can be a very challenging patient population (chronic pain). I love my colleagues at work. It will be fun to see them again. I'll do some praying about my excitement to see my patients again. : )

Have a good week everyone! I'm going to do my best to make sure mine is a good week too!
Love you all,
Leah

1 comment:

sun lover said...

humm deep thoughts today...

I know what my "normal" is and you just made me realize I don't take enough time to appreciate it. ( It is hard to do when your children are younger and so whinny! :) )

Time flies by to fast, so I am going to work real hard at trying to appreciate the little things like the crying and bickering. :)

Glad to read up that Isy is improving daily, it warms my heart.