Thursday, August 05, 2010

M.O.M. to Moms logo and more exciting news...


We've got an official M.O.M. to Moms logo! How do you like it? I love it! Our family got to have a "say" in what we were hoping for in a logo but Senad really was the clever graphic designer that made it all come together. Senad is Archie's sister-in-law's brother. I know you might have to read that again. We met through facebook. He is a graphic designer in Des Moines and made this logo as a gift to us. Awesome! The feet are designed to also look like 2 mothers facing each other. The big toes are their heads. The little toes can be their braids or even babies in a papoose. I just received cloth labels in the mail this week and already have sewn a few onto the blankets that I'm making... so we now have our own "clothing label." hahaha. Aren't you so impressed? I've learned a lot about clothing labels in the last few weeks. That's felt like a weird thing to learn about. : ) I'm actually amazed at how expensive they can be.


In other exciting news, we've taken another big step today with M.O.M. to Moms and we committed to hosting a baked potato bar at the MCC sale (http://www.mennonitesale.org/) on September 24-25. This means that we are going to need to be prepared to sell about 500 plates of loaded baked potatoes. That's our current estimate. The MCC committee is going to talk about it and try to come up with a firm prediction for numbers of people our booth would actually serve and then we can start planning. They also agreed that 100% of the donations/profit that come through our booth can be designated for MCC Newborn Kits in honor of Michelle's memory. How great is that? So, anyone want to help work some shifts at the sale and sell baked potatoes? We would love to have your help! Some of the ladies from work have already "signed up" on our sign-up sheet (that only exists in our minds right now). We've got all kinds of ideas about wearing matching t-shirts or hoodies with our logo, having a display of Newborn Kits present and may be decorating the tables with Mr. Potato Heads. Do you have any clever ideas for us? Our family would love to have your help, in whatever way you want to give it.


Thanks everyone!
Hoping I can return your love and support some day, some how.

Leah

No comments: