Friday, March 05, 2010

One gallon of milk = so many problems

So...I followed this lady out of the grocery store this morning and noticed her gallon of milk fall off the bottom of her cart and land on the pavement outside. Luckily it didn't break because that has happened to me before. I picked it up, called to her, and gave it back to her. That's okay, she really didn't need to thank me anyway... she was obviously having a rough day. I have forgiven her already. Really... I have.

Ten minutes later I backed into my garage after getting home from the grocery store, opened the hatchback to hear MY gallon of chocolate milk fall onto the floor, split in 2 places and 3/4 of the milk poured onto the floor after spraying two of the garage walls first. Moved the Enclave out of the way, accidently slammed the ball-on-a-rope guide thingy into the trunk and promptly pulled the whole entire thing out of the ceiling while driving forward (so that explains that loud clunky sound!). Had to sweep the garage out first so I didn't make chocolate mud, mopped some milk up with paper towels, threw down some water to squeegee the rest out the full length of the garage (remember I had backed in). Didn't have a plastic pitcher to hold the water so carefully used a glass one... which got knocked over and broke all over the garage floor too. The good news??? The garage floor is clean enough to eat off of. The bad news??? Quinn had one request from the grocery store and it's a no-go this week.

Just another day people... just another day... not sweatin' the small stuff anymore and choosing to still smile.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Leah~I laughed so hard and still am laughing! What a milky mess! And we know how much you LOVE to grocery shop, ha ha.

Love ya for sharing this:)

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Funny. Leah this is really something that would 'only happen to you.'