Today we went to the St. Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals game in St. Louis (obviously). The Cards won 5-4. It was an absolutely beautiful sunny day. It actually felt hot sitting in the sun but when we moved to the shade, it was too cool. Weird. We got to the brand new stadium (it's really nice) early. We bought tickets off the street from a guy who lied to us about every single thing he said but we ended up getting the tickets for $12 off the ticket price... Let's just say that the tickets weren't behind home plate and there were no free drinks through the first inning! Ha! I've learned at work that if people say "I'm not lying to you"... they usually are! We wanted cheap tickets and that's what they were... even if they were in the outfield, the highest level. The kids all brought their gloves to catch a foul ball. Check out Quinn's "ready position" to catch a ball up in the nose bleed section. Ha! We had a great time though. The kids got free t-shirts at the entrance. They got to do some batting in a cage and threw balls to measure their speed. The field is right downtown within walking distance of the arch. The flowers are starting to bloom here and the trees are budding already. There is Spring around the corner! (sorry about the center spacing... it has a mind of it's own today)

3 comments:
What a great day for baseball! Ok, I had to laugh out loud when I read the "free drinks through the first inning".
I saw the arch and got homesick! The trees budding and change in the weather there always surprises me as we're 2 weeks at least behind them. My nephew Jordan wears the Cardinals stuff all the time. Wish I could have came with you:)
Tony's nose hairs --- pretty cool picture !!
Post a Comment