Nate, Benjamin & Quinn
After that, we moved on to Madison's Flames game. They played against the Goshen Stars... we beat them earlier in the year but lost to them today, 0-4. Unfortunately we played .... not good. I'll be polite because Madison may read my blog. : ) She herself actually played OK, for some reason the team just looked like it was their first game, not last. They ended their record with a 2-3-1 record. Addi and her husband Brian, and Cheryl came out on their precious Saturday morning to watch. That was so wonderful of them. This was Cheryl's first ever soccer game to go to! I just wish they would have played better!!! Addi took a ton of pictures so pop on over to her blog to see them. (See my link in the side bar).
Saturday night we went out to eat at the Emporium to celebrate Lisa's 40th birthday. Happy Birthday Lisa! It was quite a monumental month for her. Lisa, Tracy and Beth just completed the Chicago marathon on the hottest day of the marathon's history. Pretty amazing. We had a really nice time visiting... just the adults, with about 18 of us there.
Today it was the usual church morning. Angie, Linda and I sang in a trio so that was fun. Quinn had his last Flames game in Plymouth at 2pm. They are undefeated (6-0) and played the #2 ranked team. We won easily, 5-1. Quinn even scored 2 goals. One of the other dads gave him the nickname of "Oscar" after the game. He told him that he was cleaning up the trash from the other kicks on goals that bounced off the goalie etc... and Quinn finished them off by kicking them in. (Obviously that's how he scored twice today). It was so much fun. I just love those stress-free games when the kids play well and we win too! His Flames team will get a trophy for winning 1st place in the regular season play and probably get a bye in the tournament next weekend. See below for a couple of pictures.
We were supposed to go to small group tonight but I got kind of car sick on the way home from the game and felt YUCK! We basically were on the move the entire weekend and I was tired. Tony is still working on tax returns.... yes, believe it. The 6th one to finish up is due tomorrow so he just has to get it done! We ended up not going. Madison went with Peyton and it sounds like they had a lot of fun... bowling and then to Rex & Angie's for a bonfire. I'm afraid being gone the entire waking day today would have pushed me over the edge before I got up tomorrow to start another week at work. My co-workers will thank me for not going! ha!
BTW... belated blog birthday wishes to my brother-in-law, Jeff, and my brother, Doug, who both had birthdays this week! We celebrated Hawkeye style for Jeff (who is originally from Illinois) by upsetting them in the game on Saturday. Jeff, just covert totally to a hawkeye fan.... "come to the black and gold side"..."even when we are playing the Illini". Doug, I hope for your sake that the Diamondbacks continue to do well for you... even after biting off our dear Cubs.
Well, that's all from me. I need to get to bed early and get caught up on some sleep.
Love ya, Leah
PS... I added a picture collage from my trip to the 10-5 date!
2 comments:
We missed you last night. Sorry to hear you were sick!
Ang
I didn't know that you sang! What a talented person you are:) Enjoyed Madison's game and now I know what soccer is like.
Cheryl
Post a Comment