Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day of School



Today was the big day! My kiddos went off to 5th and 3rd grade this year. How they've gotten this old I do not know. Not too long ago that I was crying after sending Madison to school on that big yellow bus off to kindergarten! There are 7 kids getting on at our bus stop this year... which is usually at Heather's house, or our house. The bus stops wherever the pack of kids is. :) There was quite the pack of parents at the bus stop this morning too. Gabby, in the green shirt, is a kindergartner this year. It was very neat though because ALL of the moms and all but one dad were there this morning to watch their children go off to school. I like the picture of Madison and Heather... sharing a few words while waiting on the bus.

My co-workers were exceptional to help me get out of work early so that I could get them off the bus today. We have been SOOOO busy this week. It's not been funny. I've had lunch once I think. Madison and Quinn said they had good days today at school. Well... Quinn changed his to a "bad" day later because he doesn't want us to think he's having any fun being away from home. That's Quinn. He also is concerned about a new boy, Jacob. He is sitting next to him and he is worried "that he won't be a successful student"... because he sat with his head down and didn't do his work very well and "I think he missed his mom and dad." He is going to work at being Jacob's friend. On the other side of Quinn is another new boy whose "name starts with an L" and who "has loads of energy"... and so now I'll be praying for his teacher as she corals "L" and also for Quinn who has to sit next to him. Ha!

Madison's 5th grade class is functioning a little like a junior high school set-up. She has to keep all of her supplies in her locker and then she trades classrooms between 2 teachers for her subjects. She's not sure she is going to like this. It sounds like she and Peyton have the same home room teacher but are actually not in the same room very much. So... she has some adjusting to do. She had Flames practice tonight and it went longer than usual because of a scrimmage... 2 1/2 hours long! It amazes me that she can say "I enjoy practices." She doesn't like the blocks of endurance running though. That's pretty tough and her muscles have been sore since she took almost 10 days off when we were in Iowa and then in MO.

I'm working tomorrow which starts out with a meeting at 7am so I better try and get to bed at a decent time tonight.

The weather was cooler today and tonight so that was a blessing for sure... especially for soccer practice.

Love, Leah

2 comments:

Addi said...

Does Madison have on a pink/brown outfit?? I LOVE it!!! They are so cute....so glad you got home in time to see them get off the bus! :)

Anonymous said...

The kids all look so CUTE ! Seems like they were just getting OUT of school for the summer.
Jay and Amanda have been in school all week, I got an email from her and she said that while she is in school for the day, its a drag. But looking back, at the end of the day , she said she has had a blast. SO , I guess thats good . ha