Wow, we've made it to the middle of the week already. This week has gone much faster than last! Last night the Care Commission at church got together for our last "hooray" by going out for Chinese food at the New York Buffet (dumb name I know). Silverwood has gradually been making a change to a new structure AKA "how we do stuff" and Care is being combined with another commisison. SO, it was a nice evening and every one from Care was there so that was good too. Madison and Quinn spent the evening with Pakka; going to McDonald's and then to Tommy's Kids Castle (a gigantic play area at the local park). I guess Quinn even admitted that they are spoiled a bit by Beppe and Pakka... I think it's more like he has them wrapped around his little finger. They had a lot of fun... the first venture to the park for the season. Beppe was at Bible study in case you were wondering. Tony worked of course and then spent several hours at Victory Construction doing who-knows-what and then stayed up until 1 am working on tax returns at home. Pretty soon I'm going to have to introduce myself and shake his hand.
Tonight we had the Upward Basketball Awards night. I think I mentioned this in Sunday's post. They always look so forward to it. They gave away a few door prizes and "Madison Miller's parents" actually won a fold up chair with the Upward logo on it. That was quite the surprise. We don't need any more outdoor bag chairs but Madison is thrilled with it and of course has claimed it as her own. Tracy K. said she fully expected someone in our family to win something... I don't know what she is talking about. ... ok, ok, ok, Tony did win that $2000 air conditioner one summer from the radio station and Madison won the MP3 player at the fair last year... may be that's what she is referring too. So, it was Madison's name again. May be she and Tony should start playing the lottery or something. The kid's award was a really nice duffel bag that has a special zipped pocket for a basketball and of course it is in the Upward colors with their logo. I really can't say enough GOOD THINGS about this program. It is a nation-wide program and there are several in our area. First Baptist in Elkhart is who runs ours and I think probably 200-300 kids participate. May be more. Anyway it is a great community outreach activity. ...really, can't say enough about it. I should just be their national spokeswoman I guess. : ) Check out my Links section for the address.
That's all of the excitement for these two days. Tomorrow night is our last CFN at church and then I have a board mtg after that so I'm not sure if I'll have time to post or not. What's going on in your lives??? Aren't you bored hearing about mine?
Love to all, Leah
Tonight we had the Upward Basketball Awards night. I think I mentioned this in Sunday's post. They always look so forward to it. They gave away a few door prizes and "Madison Miller's parents" actually won a fold up chair with the Upward logo on it. That was quite the surprise. We don't need any more outdoor bag chairs but Madison is thrilled with it and of course has claimed it as her own. Tracy K. said she fully expected someone in our family to win something... I don't know what she is talking about. ... ok, ok, ok, Tony did win that $2000 air conditioner one summer from the radio station and Madison won the MP3 player at the fair last year... may be that's what she is referring too. So, it was Madison's name again. May be she and Tony should start playing the lottery or something. The kid's award was a really nice duffel bag that has a special zipped pocket for a basketball and of course it is in the Upward colors with their logo. I really can't say enough GOOD THINGS about this program. It is a nation-wide program and there are several in our area. First Baptist in Elkhart is who runs ours and I think probably 200-300 kids participate. May be more. Anyway it is a great community outreach activity. ...really, can't say enough about it. I should just be their national spokeswoman I guess. : ) Check out my Links section for the address.
That's all of the excitement for these two days. Tomorrow night is our last CFN at church and then I have a board mtg after that so I'm not sure if I'll have time to post or not. What's going on in your lives??? Aren't you bored hearing about mine?
Love to all, Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment