Today during my morning prayer with the kids I prayed that God would some how surprise Madison and Quinn today... some how just delight them in a way that they would know that it was God that was working and watching and showing interest in their day. All day I wondered how/if God would "prove" this and prayed that God would answer this little prayer request. When Quinn came BOUNDING into the house he was soooo excited because they got their report cards today and if you get all A's and B's you get a Taco Bell coupon and he got his but his excitement was spilling over because one of his classmates doesn't like Taco Bell and chose Quinn to give his extra coupon too. Do you think that this was God's way of delighting Quinn today? I think it very well could have been... that's how we interpreted it any way. I reminded him of our prayer and he got a big smile on his face and said "Oh Ya!" Madison was also a bundle of happiness and said that this was "just the best day in the world!" ...Now, I quizzed her practically under an interrogation lamp to try and figure out just WHY this was the best day in the world but she honestly couldn't tell me... it "just was". Music didn't go as planned and she was disappointed that she didn't make a goal but nonetheless she was thrilled with her day. I think God answered this prayer in a very simple way... just by delighting her with JOY... which she doesn't always have after a school day. What a simple prayer and what awesome simple answers. Try it for yourself. Ask God to surprise you some way and delight you with something and make sure to watch for it! After all in Psalms 37 we are told to, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." And since most of you will be reading this on a new day I will say, "Now, go and have a delightful day!"
Love to all, Leah
Love to all, Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment