Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We spent our Thanksgiving evening with B&P and Terry, Karla, Katie and Nathan at our house. We ate the traditional Thanksgiving meal of turkey and potatoes with lots and lots of side dishes. The Miller family in Iowa always has graham cracker fluff that Tony's Aunt Margaret makes. She sent me her recipe and I gave it a try. I think it turned out pretty good. There wasn't any left and Katie even asked me for the recipe. : ) Karla said she is quite the baker in the kitchen already. We browsed through the store ads over and over but I just couldn't quite find a reason to have to get up early in the morning and fight any crowds. I tried to find something I needed to go shopping for but... just didn't feel the need again this year. Phase 10 was the card game of choice this year. My competitive daughter has been on crutches for 6 weeks and she was bound and determined to win that game, which she did. I was actually kind of relieved for her to get to compete and win at something! : ) Coffee, pumpkin or chocolate pie rounded out our evening. A good time was had by all.
I'm so thankful for my family and friends! All day my mind kept returning to where we were 1 year ago. We still miss Michelle so much but that excruciating heart ache is much less. Madison and I laughed during the card game and said we wished Aunt Michelle was here to help us razz Beppe about her crazy card playing skills. We feel the smiles this year that last year we just tried to put on and I'm really, really, really thankful for that. So thankful to put a very difficult year behind us and looking forward to the year ahead.

No comments: