Monday, October 04, 2010

Tomorrow morning at 7am...

Isy will be in surgery at Elkhart General Hospital. She is having her aortic valve replaced. Welcome to those of you who will be following along. I will try and keep this updated with pertinent information. I know your inquiring minds want to know... : ) Rest assured that I've had HIPPA drilled into my head on a regular basis for years now and Isy has given me full permission to update my blog with the "happenings" and she knows I would never post something that would be embarrassing to her. (This is my disclaimer. LOL)

Tonight the kids and I stopped over at Don & Isy's house (Tony was still working) and I brought my stethoscope along. I figured we can at least turn this into a little medical lesson. : ) They each took turns listening to her heart and we talked about the differences in our heart sounds compared to hers. In the future, we will all listen to it again and compare the changes we hear with her new valve which is coming either from a pig or bovine. Did you know that there are no two identical heart sounds? Every single person's heart sounds unique to just them, just like our fingerprints and eyes. Amazing! Tell me, how can someone say that God doesn't exist? Tell me!

Isy is ready to go, ready to "get it over with" and start feeling better. Her little bag is packed and we all feel much more "controlled" this time around. It was very chaotic and confusing this summer. I hope we keep the under-control feeling. It's so much better.

I have to say this, we are an amazingly blessed family. We aren't even the ones having surgery and already tonight there are 2 main dishes in our refrig/freezer to help us through this week. (Thank you Ladies!) We have been on the receiving end of your blessings so much this past year. It's uncomfortable. No one wants to be in these tight spots that we keep finding ourselves in but we so, so, so appreciate your help, your kind words of encouragement and your prayers on our behalf. We've been able to put one foot in front of the other and keep marching on!

Well, I need to get to bed. We have a very early morning ahead of us. Good-night!

No comments: