Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just saying hello...

Hi Everyone,

Just stopping to say hello to everyone. I've not been very faithful to blog lately. I will try and do better. It's been a beautiful sunny weekend here with temps in the 50's. I know that doesn't sound warm to some of you but it feels so warm compared to the snow and ice we've just gone through. My family has all enjoyed getting out and walking/biking in much more pleasant weather.

This weekend has flown past. Friday night we went to the OxBowzaar. It's the annual PTO fund raiser at school, with carnival type activities. This year Madison was old enough to help run one of the games. She was looking forward to it. Quinn still enjoys playing all the games and winning all of the trinkets that I hate to see come home to our house! I sold game tickets for an hour and baked a cake for the cake walk. Oh, I've got to tell you the story about my cake. I told Quinn the night before that I didn't have time to make a fun or fancy cake, it would just be a plain old cake with frosting and sprinkles. I told him I was sorry that I just couldn't make it more special this year. His response just floored me. This is a summary of what he said. He said, if you had a $1 bill that was crisp and new and were giving it away, everyone would want it, because it's free and you know it's worth something. If you took the $1 bill and crumpled it up and asked who wants it, people would still want it, because they would know that it is worth something and it doesn't matter how it looks. And, if the $1 crumpled up bill was thrown on the floor and stomped on, people would still want it because it still has the same exact value. He went on to say, "It doesn't matter what your cake looks like. It is still valuable and worth something and tastes good. Just because one cake might be more decorated than yours, it doesn't mean it tastes better. So it's OK Mom that you don't have time to decorate the cake more. People will still want it. One cake is not more valuable than another." .............I was just blown away. Our son is so sensitive and insightful. Apparently the guidance counsellor at school had told his class the story about the $1 bill and he was already finding ways to apply it to life. His reassurances put tears in my eyes as I get excited to see what great and awesome things God has planned for this boy in his bright future! He amazes me!

Yesterday was spent tying up the last softball try-outs for the Major Softball team. I'm coordinating the teams again this year and it looks like we will have 3 teams again. This means we will play games with other teams outside our league. Madison and Quinn both had soccer practice, Quinn at 8am and Madison at 1pm. I also got in on the very end of Field Day to prepare the outdoor fields for use. Outdoor practices start next week.

That's pretty much the highlights from our weekend. I hope you had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed, God has great things in mind for Quinn . We need to pray that God will protect his mind and heart from Satan's plans.
he wants all of us to fail !

Amy said...

Very nice story about our Quinner.