Hi Everyone... Sorry for not updating much this week... I know my family depends on this blog to keep tabs on us... We've just been gone a lot and have been so busy. I'll have to give you some highlights later in the weekend when I have more time to write. But briefly...
Karla and I had a garage sale today and are continuing it tomorrow. I really didn't have much stuff to put into it and thus the reason I only made $22 today!!! Ha! The kids each made about that much too and they were quite pleased with that. I have to say that the conversations with Karla (and Angie too...she stopped by and enjoyed some tea with us) was the best "income" for myself today! I always GET much more from them than what I give. That summed up how I spent today... which turned out to be a beautiful day after it was very humid and sticky this morning.
Tonight was Madison's first game in the softball President's Tourneyment and they played the Elkhart FOP team in Bristol at 6pm. We needed to be there by 5:15. Her team won after only 2 innings... 26-5. They actually played the top half of the 3rd inning and were ahead by 43-5 and so the other team (thankfully) conceeded at the half point of that inning. That took about 2 1/2 hours to complete!!! We certainly weren't trying to run the score up.. they just had some major pitching problems and basically walked nearly every batter. Tony finally told the girls that if the ball was anywhere close to the strike zone that they needed to swing at it.... and then we started getting hit after hit and they couldn't field well either!! We felt so sorry for them. We stopped stealing etc... too! Our team was up to bat for 1 full hour in the 2nd inning... Madison was up 3 times that inning!!! She was walked 5 times and got 1 hit. So, now they play tomorrow at noon, in Goshen. Quinn has a game at 11:30 so we'll have to split up. I hate that. We just got everyone home and showered and the kids to bed and vu-la...it's 11pm already. Now I've got to make sure that all the uniforms are washed up. ....Thus, I'm sure you'll understand why I'm not writing more tonight. Too many things to do and an early start in the morning.
Love to all, Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment